Talk to others going through challenges just like you!
My Circle is free, private, safe and anonymous.
What is bullying?
It’s more than just an argument or single act of dislike.
Bullying is when someone (or a group of people) who have more power than you repeatedly and intentionally use negative words or actions to hurt you or cause you distress.
Bullying can happen anywhere – at home, with friends, in a group, online or in the workplace.
Types of bullying
There are many different types of bullying:
Why do people bully others?
There are lots of reasons why someone might bully others. Whatever the reason, bullying is never ok.
- Feel jealous
- Want others to like them
- Want to feel better about themselves
- Want to fit in with others
- Feeling angry inside
- Like to be in control or have power over others
- Have been bullied themselves
- Not know what they are doing is wrong
What are the effects of bullying?
Bullying can cause lots of distress and suffering and its effects can last for a long time.
Have trouble sleeping
Lose your appetite
Have trouble concentrating
Feel down about yourself or ashamed
Find it hard to cope
Have thoughts of hurting yourself
Have thoughts of suicide
Have trouble with study or work
Feel physically sick
Feel hopeless or powerless
Feel alone, sad, angry or confused
Feel unsafe or afraid all the time
What to do if you’re being bullied
There’s always something you can do.
Here are some ideas:
- Keep your distance from those bullying you
- Don’t retaliate or bully them back
- Tell them what they're doing isn't ok
- Report it if you can
- Talk to someone and get support
- Take time to do something nice for yourself
"Bullying is never ok and there's things you can do to put a stop to it. Contact us and get support today."
Talking helps! We’re here for you.
No problem is too big or too small.
We're here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week