Kids Helpline and Parentline Privacy Collection Notice
This is a Privacy Collection Notice of yourtown Ltd for our Kids Helpline and Parentline Counselling Services.
About Personal Information
Personal information may include your name and contact details (such as address, email address, phone number, etc.). Personal Information also includes sensitive information about you, such as information about your medical history and personal background.
Our Commitment to Privacy
Kids Helpline and Parentline are committed to protecting the privacy of our clients and the Personal Information provided to us.
We abide by Commonwealth and State/Territory Privacy Laws, and other relevant contractual and legal requirements in dealing with Personal Information. We have a range of safeguards in place to protect information from misuse, interference, and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification, and disclosure.
Why We Collect Personal Information
Kids Helpline or Parentline collects Personal Information from you so we can tailor our counselling support to your particular needs and circumstances. More specifically, the Personal Information we collect allows us to:
- Contact and communicate with you.
- Provide a high standard of service and care when providing you with counselling support.
- Respond appropriately to prevent or lessen any serious risk of harm to you or others.
- Comply with professional and ethical standards.
- Evaluate and report on the use and effectiveness of the Kids Helpline and Parentline services.
How We Collect Personal Information
- When you contact and use Kids Helpline or Parentline, our data systems may automatically collect Personal Information about you, such as your phone number, email address, and IP address.
- The Kids Helpline or Parentline counsellor you talk to may also record Personal Information about you. This includes, where appropriate, creating a case file about you that includes any case notes we make and any information you may share with us.
Providing Your Name and Information
You do not have to tell us your name when using Kids Helpline or Parentline. You may choose not to give any name or you may choose to use a different name (such as a ‘nickname’).
Not giving us your real name, and/or not giving us relevant or accurate Personal Information (such as your contact details) may affect the level of service and care we can provide you and the outcomes you achieve from using our service.
Sharing Your Information
We may need to provide information we collect to our government funding bodies, as applicable. For instance, in Queensland, we may provide information to the Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services. This is to ensure we are delivering quality services.
We will not disclose your Personal Information to other organisations (including any organisation overseas) unless we have to because of a law or to protect you or others from serious threats of harm.
For instance, we may have to share your Personal Information with other agencies (such as the police, ambulance, and/or child protection agencies) to protect your life, health or safety, or that of someone you know. We will always attempt to gain your participation and consent before sharing information about you providing it is safe and practicable for us to do so, taking into account the circumstances.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
We are required to report privacy breaches to our government funding bodies, as applicable.