My Circle is the free, private, safe and confidential social platform for 12-25 year olds across Australia!
My Circle is brought to you in collaboration with Bupa Foundation and University of Sydney
Choose from topics including...
- The World Around Me
- Mental Health
- Disability, Illness & Physical Health
- Substance Use & Other Addictions
- School & Work
- Suicidal Thoughts & Self-Harm
- Bullying & Harassment
- Chill Zone
- eSafety & Social Media
- Family Relationships
- Getting Help & Resources
- Dating & Sex
- Body & Self-Esteem
Want to join My Circle and find your circle?
2: Check it out
Get to know the platform, join the topics that interest you and take the monthly surveys to let us know how you're feeling.
3: Join the conversation
Share your thoughts and stories, hear from others and learn more about the issues on your mind.
On the My Circle social media platform, a Circle is what we call a space where people come together to talk about a specific topic (e.g. bullying, depression). While you’re in a Circle, you’ll be able to ask questions and have supportive conversations with others to learn more about your experiences and what you can do to cope with them.
My Circle runs on HumHub, which is a secure and open-source platform used to create social networks that run on your preferred Internet browser. If you join My Circle, you can use the browser on your mobile phone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer to take part.
If you're having trouble logging in, please try logging in using the email address you used to create your account. If you still can't login, you can email the moderator team at [email protected] and one of our team will get back to you as soon as they can!
We are here to support you and listen. We won't tell anybody outside of Kids Helpline what you say in My Circle as it’s private and confidential.
The only time we might need to tell somebody is if you or someone else are in a life-threatening situation or are in danger of being significantly harmed or we are legally required to share information. In times like this we have a responsibility to protect you from harm and meet our legal responsibilities. This is called our “Duty of Care”.
We will send you a private message to talk with you about this beforehand wherever possible.
My Circle is supported by a team of Moderators who are qualified Kids Helpline (KHL) Counsellors. Their job is to monitor the conversations within the Circles every day to make sure conversations stay safe, supportive, and informative. My Circle offers you information, skills, and group feedback you can use to change your own behaviour.
While Moderators may jump in every now and then to comment on member’s posts, it’s important to note that My Circle is not a counselling or crisis service – if you need crisis support or are having immediate thoughts of ending your life, please seek urgent support from Kids Helpline on 1800 55 1800 (24hrs) or Emergency Services (police, ambulance) on 000 (24hrs).
Because My Circle encourages and supports you to tackle any problems on your own with the support of peers, you may find this isn’t enough, especially if you are going through a very difficult situation. Please contact Kids Helpline if you think you may need extra support for what’s happening in your life right now.
You can contact Kids Helpline in the following ways:
If you’re needing any more information about My Circle, then please contact us at [email protected] so one of our team can assist you.
This is a common question we receive, which is often asked in response to concerns that people have about the uncertainty of the Internet and the risk of interacting with harmful adults online.
My Circle project staff have consulted widely with other digital mental health services, cyber safety, and law enforcement authorities to understand these concerns and develop a service that minimises these risks for young people.
My Circle address these issues and minimise these risks by:
- Employing a team of paid clinical moderators (those with postgraduate qualifications in psychology, counselling, or social work) whose job is to screen new accounts, attend to members in high distress, and ensuring all conversations on the platform are safe, respectful, accurate, and purposeful as per community guidelines
- Having all members of My Circle maintain strict anonymity to ensure that they are not identifiable in the community or in their real life, and not contactable off the platform
- Restricting Private Messages (PMs) between members of the community and only allowing this communication between clinical moderators and members, so all conversations between members are public and can be monitored
- Implementing technology that screens posts and comments for keywords that are associated with high-risk issues, which would be distressing or triggering for community members to be exposed to frequently
- Regular monitoring and review of member behaviour, internal procedure and policy, and development of improved safeguarding technology
- My Circle operates on a secure platform that is regularly maintained by yourtown’s IT team