To sext or not to sext?
Choosing whether or not to sext is totally up to you. It’s NEVER ok for someone to pressure you into sexting.
People express their sexuality in lots of different ways, including sexting. They might choose to sext to:
- Have fun or flirt
- Explore their sexuality
- Build self-confidence
- Explore their identity
- Stay connected in a long distance relationship
- Explore trust and intimacy in a relationship
Sexting might seem like fun but it can also have consequences
When you send a nude photo of yourself to someone, what happens to it and where it goes next is often out of your control. Your photo could end up anywhere.
You may trust the person you're sexting with right now, but people can change and unexpected things can happen.
What to do after you send a sext you regret
Here's what you can do:
- Ask the person to delete your message and watch them do it
- Talk to a trusted adult or contact Kids Helpline
- Un-tag yourself from the photo (if it’s online)
- Report the image so it can be removed (if it’s online)
“No one has the right to pressure you into doing something you don’t feel comfortable doing.”
What if I get a sexy image sent to me that I don’t want?
It’s important to figure out what you feel comfortable with sharing...
As what you share with others could become public.
Talking helps! We’re here for you.
No problem is too big or too small.
We're here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week