Talk to others going through challenges just like you!
My Circle is free, private, safe and anonymous.
What is self-harm?
- It includes things like cutting, burning, scratching or hitting
- It can be really dangerous
- Self-harming doesn’t always mean that the person wants to end their life
- If you are thinking about hurting yourself, it’s important to let someone know so they can help you cope
Why do people self-harm?
There are many reasons why someone might self-harm and everyone’s story is different. Here's just a few reasons why somebody might self-harm:
Express difficult emotions
Feel connected to something
Have seen it work for other people
Control or escape their feelings
Cope with their feelings
Show they need help
Who can help?
- A parent or trusted adult in your life
- Kids Helpline
- School counsellor
- Youth worker
- Psychologist or Social Worker
- Doctor or nurse
Important: If you need urgent medical help call an ambulance (000) or go to the emergency department of your local hospital.
How can someone help?
"If you're worried about self-harming contact a Kids Helpline counsellor today."
but you don’t have to deal with it alone!
Talking helps! We’re here for you.
No problem is too big or too small.
We're here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week