Your go-to peer support group for improving your overall wellbeing and mental health.
It's free, safe, anonymous and facilitated by Kids Helpline Counsellors.
What does it mean to have a positive body image?
Having a positive body image means that:
- Most of the time, you see yourself as you really are
- You accept your body and feel comfortable it in – even when it may not match other people's ideals
- Most days you feel confident and happy with the way you look and some days you might wish you could change how you look
- You may feel good about some parts of your body and not as good about others
- You’ve learned to be proud of the way you look and know that no-one is perfect
- You try your best, know that you are enough, and you choose to focus on the positives
What influences body image?
Lots of things can influence body image, such as:
TV / Movies
What can I do to feel better about myself?
If you can change how you feel on the inside, it’s likely to change how you think of yourself on the outside.
Here are some things you can do:
"Stop beating yourself up for everything you aren’t and start loving yourself for everything you are!"
You don’t have to be perfect, you just have to be YOU!
but you don’t have to deal with it alone!
Talking helps! We’re here for you.
No problem is too big or too small.
We're here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week