Talk to others going through challenges just like you!
My Circle is free, private, safe and confidential.
What are drugs?
A drug is a substance that alters how your body and mind function.
Why do people use drugs?
There are lots of reasons why someone might use drugs and alcohol. Some people use drugs to:
Join in with friends
Cope with emotions
What are the risks?
Some consequences include:
- Side effects
- Illness or injury
- Impact on relationships
- Impact on work or study
- Poor judgements
- Legal issues
- Financial problems
Who can help?
If you’re considering using a drug, or have concerns about your or someone else’s drug use, here’s who can help:
Minimising the risks
Here’s some things you can do to help minimise some of the risks if you decide to keep using drugs:
- Educate yourself about the effects and risks
- Understand what might trigger you to use a substance
- Consider the environment you use the substance in and make it safe
- Take precautions to limit your use to avoid an accidental overdose
- Avoid combining more than one substance
- Learn how it might interact with medication you’re already talking
- Access clean injecting equipment if you’re using needles
- Consider who is around to support you if anything goes wrong
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help – call 000 if you need medical assistance
- Never drive under the influence of a substance
- Seek regular health checks
How can counselling help?
Counselling can be a way to help you:
Clarify your concerns
Explore the impact of substance use in your life
Understand your motivations
Assist you to access information and resources
Minimise the risks
Help you weigh up the consequences and benefits
Reduce your substance use
Use and/or find healthy alternatives
Counselling is a safe place where you can talk about your concerns around drugs and alcohol without any judgement.
Talking helps! We’re here for you.
No problem is too big or too small.
We're here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week