Your go-to peer support group for improving your overall wellbeing and mental health.
It's free, safe, anonymous and facilitated by Kids Helpline Counsellors.
What does it mean to have a healthy body image?
It ISN’T about what you look like from the outside, it’s how you FEEL about the way you look.
Having a healthy body image means that:
- Most of the time, you see yourself as you really are
- You accept your body and feel comfortable it in – even when it may not match your family or the media’s “ideals”
- Some days you feel confident and happy with the way you look and other days you may wish you could change things about your appearance
- You may feel good about certain parts of your body and not as good about others
- You’ve learned to be proud of the way you look and know that no-one is “perfect”
- You try your best, know that you are enough and you choose to focus on the positives
What influences body image?
Lots of things can influence body image, such as:
TV / Movies
What can I do to feel better about myself?
“Stop hating yourself for everything you aren’t. Start loving yourself for everything you are” – Author Unknown.
You don’t have to be perfect - you just have to be YOU!
It’s about accepting and loving your body just the way it is.
It can take some time and practice to do just that!
If you are looking for more digital services and resources, check out Head to Health.
Talking helps! We’re here for you.
No problem is too big or too small.
We're here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week