Sometimes you might want to lash out at someone online because you’re feeling down or upset. While this might make you feel good in the moment, it’s probably not going to help the situation.
It can be hard to know how to act online in a way that is respectful and caring of others, especially if you’re used to seeing cyberbullying online.
Here’s a few tips for recognising when you might be cyberbullying someone:
- Are you using language that might hurt somebody’s feelings?
- Are you swearing at somebody? Or yelling (using CAPS) at them?
- What would your parents say if they saw it?
- How would you feel if someone sent that message to you?
- Would you say it to someone’s face?
- Are you being kind and caring toward that person?
- Do you feel upset or angry?