Talk to others going through challenges just like you!
My Circle is free, private, safe and confidential.
Recommended for all high school year levels
Kids Helpline & Help-Seeking
Information on help-seeking and support options for young people
This topic is designed to inform students about Kids Helpline, promote help-seeking behaviours and overcome help-seeking barriers young people face. The learning intentions of this topic includes understanding the benefits of counselling and a knowledge of help-seeking options.
- Introduction to Kids Helpline
- Overview of why young people contact Kids Helpline
- Help-seeking – barriers and options
- Defining the role of counsellors
- Brain basics: how does counselling work?
- Practical help-seeking skills
- Frequently asked questions
- Question and Answer
Topic duration is approximately 30 minutes.
Recommended session size is 5 - 50 students.
This topic can be tailored to be delivered at school assemblies or to larger groups.