Talk to others going through challenges just like you!
My Circle is free, private, safe and confidential.
Recommended for all high school year levels
Cyberbullying and Mental Health
Skills for healthy ways of relating & dealing with cyberbullying behaviours
This session aims to increase help seeking for cyberbullying and provide students with strategies to protect themselves, deal with online bullying, and ensure they know how to support peers effectively.
- Define online bullying behaviours
- Challenge attitudes that support & encourage online bullying
- Identify myths from facts with the causes and impacts of Cyberbullying
- Teach protective behaviours for dealing with cyberbullying
'Stay calm, Screenshot it, Block it, now Put it in your Pocket!' (poster below)
- Promote effective help-seeking as a key protective factor to online safety
- Promote safe bystander ('upstander') behaviour online
- Encourage positive online interactions and conflict management with empathy, assertiveness, and impulse control
Topic duration is approximately 50 minutes.
Recommended session size is 5 - 50 students.
This topic can be tailored to be delivered at school assemblies or to larger groups.