Please note: Kids Helpline does not take responsibility for the accuracy of any information accessed outside our website.
- Australian Centre for Grief and Bereavement
- Australian National University - Australian Child & Adolescent Trauma, Loss & Grief Networ
- Headspace - Supporting your child after a natural disaster
- Lifeline 131 114
- NURSE-ON-CALL Bushfire Health and Counselling Line 1300 60 60 24
- Parentline Victoria 13 22 89
- UnitingCare - 1800 002 992
- Victorian Government - Psychological Support Package - Bushfire Psychological Counselling Voucher Program
Offers a range of services and assistance to people who have been affected by the Victorian bushfires
A range of resources for principals, teachers, school support staff, parents and others working in schools affected by the Victorian bushfires
Information for parents/family members/friends of a child, adolescent or young person who has experienced a natural disaster.
Provides 24 hour telephone counselling services for the cost of a local call. The website provides information on the organisation and its services, as well as self help information kits and a service finder
Provides 24-hour support and counselling to anyone either directly or indirectly affected by the Victorian bushfires
Provides a statewide telephone counselling service to parents and carers of children aged from birth to eighteen years
Therapeutic service on offer to bushfire affected residents in the Kinglake Ranges region. Participants initially accessed the program primarily as a means to help their horses who had been traumatised by the fires. Universally, participants have found the program immensely valuable in helping deal with their own trauma resulting from Black Saturday.
Aims to assist people directly affected by the Victorian bushfires to access additional psychological counselling support
If any of these links are broken, please email us and let us know.